Become a mountain bike instructor/guide...
WHAT IS MIAS
MIAS (Mountain Bike Instructors Award Scheme) is a mountain bike instructor qualification scheme that has been around for over 30 years. It was started in 1989 in the UK and has now qualified over 20,000 instructors who work all over the world. There are now 4 levels of mountain bike instructor qualification, each progressively qualifying you to teach & guide to a higher level. Ride Camps is an official provider of MIAS courses and we aim to put on courses in legendary mountain bike destinations to give youu an experience that you will never forget!
Level 1 - Non Technical Terrain
Level 2 - Technical Terrain
Level 3 - Mountainous Terrain
(Please note to pass on to ABMG level 4 you need to have an extensive log book of experience in mountainous terrain)
ABMG Level (Association of British Mountain Bike Guides)
Level 4 - Top level European Certified MTB Instructor/Guide (final exam coordinated by EO MTBING)
WHO ARE MIAS COURSES FOR?
MIAS courses are used by a wide range of people from different backgrounds who have varying goals but all share a passion for mountain biking . Below is a list of common reasons why people take MIAS courses and assessments:
- People wanting to start a new career as a mountain bike leader/guide/coach.
- People looking for a part time hobby job where they can share their passion with others.
- Outdoor professionals from other sports who would like to expand their repertoire and products that they can offer to clients.
- Parents who would like to learn how to introduce mountain biking safely to their children so that they can enjoy the sport as a family.
- Mountain bikers who would like to improve their skills, knowledge and safety practices.
- Teachers, scout leaders and youth workers who would like a recognised qualification to lead groups.
- Riders who would like a new challenge/goal to help motivate their progression within the sport.
If you like the sound of what you have been reading then below are the different training and assessment options we offer to cater for different peoples situations and needs.